Secure Rubber EPDM Roofing and Flat Roof Installation
Perfect for just about any residential office or office, single-ply EPDM roofing has become an increasingly popular flat roof preference in recent years in Maryland, Delaware, and surrounding areas. We install, service, and repair EPDM roofing – commonly referred to as rubber roofing. It’s just one of several affordable roofing options available from Mallard Exteriors. Whatever your needs or preferences may be, our seasoned roofing contractors are ready to leave you impressed with the results.
What is EPDM Roofing?
EPDM roofing (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) is a type of roofing commonly used on low-slope buildings. Available in black and white, it’s a type of rubber roofing that comes in a variety of widths and thicknesses (from 45mm up to 90mm).
The Mallard Exteriors roofing professionals can mechanically attach this type of roofing material or ballasted (seams sealed with special tape or liquid adhesives). A rubber/EPDM roof offers several benefits, including:
- It’s long-lasting (many rubber roofs originally installed 30-40 years ago are still in use!)
- It’s fire-resistant
- It can withstand high winds and large hailstones
- It’s less expensive than many other flat roof options
- It requires little (if any) care
- It’s 100% recyclable at the end of its long lifespan
What Is Single Ply Roofing?
Single-ply roofing is a single-ply membrane roof made of flexible sheets of synthetic polymer. These sheets consist of thermoplastics and synthetic rubber. Thermoplastics, in particular, can be re-molded and reheated, which makes it easier for repairs to be made over time. Such roofing materials are also easier to work with during the installation process.
Another appealing benefit associated with this type of roofing is the ability to apply it to many different structures, from smaller garages or warehouse facilities to spacious factories and other large residential buildings. A single-ply flat roof can also be a smart long-term investment for the following reasons:
- Prefabricated production ensures optimal quality
- It’s fire-resistant
- It’s a type of roofing that requires very little maintenance
- These light-colored, reflective roofs can contribute to added heating and cooling savings for business owners
Reliable Maryland Flat Roof Repair
At Mallard Exteriors, we perform all types of flat roof repair, including exteriors made with EPDM/rubber and modified bitumen. We can also repair BUR (built-up roofing), which is typically made with tar and gravel. We’re at your service if you need any of the following repair or maintenance work done:
- Locating roofing leaks
- Repairing storm-related damage
- Removing membrane blisters
- Correcting more extensive rips, tears, or punctures
Fast, Affordable MD, DE Rubber Roof Repair
Another big advantage of using rubber for a residential or office roof is that roof repairs are easy to make. Oftentimes, the repair process involves applying liquid rubber to the damaged areas. In some cases, it may be necessary to use special tape to complete repairs. Common EPDM/rubber roof repairs include:
- Leaks due to adhesive wearing away at the seams
- Tears in the rubber material
- Visible wear and tear that’s greater in one section than the other ones (often due to variations with sun exposure)
Flat Roof Repair vs. Replacement
When done properly, most repairs involving a flat type of roof can resolve common issues and restore function and appearance. However, if age is the main reason for roof repairs that need to be performed with greater frequency, you may want to explore your options with a new roof. If you’re not sure whether to opt for repair or replacement, we’ll gladly offer an honest assessment of your roof so you can decide what’s best for your needs and budget.
Delmarva Peninsula Flat Roof Construction
Building a top-quality flat roof is a process that involves using carefully selected roofing timbers or joists. The joists are then properly spaced by our experienced flat roofing contractors. Steps are also taken to waterproof the boards and strategically place them in a way that allows for optimal support of the roof’s load. With flat roofing, our construction capabilities include:
- Complete new roof construction
- Replacement of an existing roof that’s worn out or damaged beyond the point of repair
- Preparing an older roof that’s still in good shape for a new coating
Zero Flat Roofing Details Overlooked
Any type of flat roof construction in Maryland, Delaware, or throughout the Delmarva Peninsula has to be done with certain requirements and guidelines in mind. This is why our contractors pay careful attention to every detail when doing any type of work on a flat roof. You can expect our team to:
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and industry regulations
- Obtain any necessary permits
- Contain the work area as much as possible
- Meticulously clean up all debris when done
Why Choose Mallard Exteriors for Flat Roofing Services?
Whether you’re looking to efficiently complete an EPDM roofing installation or a specific flat roof repair, the skilled contractors from Mallard Exteriors will get the job done right. Our trained team has experience with all types of roofing, from traditional styles to one with materials designed to provide added protection against the elements and the sun’s powerful rays. Choosing to contact us for your rubber roofing needs means you’ll benefit from:
- Fair, upfront pricing
- More than 15 years of roofing experience
- Top-quality roofing materials
- Easy scheduling options
- Friendly, knowledgeable contractors
- Convenient financing options
The flat roofing contractors from Mallard Exteriors are committed to providing only the highest quality service throughout the Delmarva Peninsula.